Long term rental located in Bailey, CO
2 bedroom house (2 king) with private baths in each bedroom
Venture to the vibrant forests of colorful Colorado at this 2-bed, 2-bath luxury treehouse that sleeps six. Perched on the side of a mountain overlooking Deer Creek Valley, this home provides incredible views from inside the house as well as the three huge decks. Whether you’re visiting for a quiet weekend or a family ski trip to one of the nearby resorts, this newly-constructed million dollar gem is sure to be the perfect home base!
Zen Treehouse is currently under construction (see dated construction pictures) and will be complete by late August 2021. We are accepting bookings starting September 1, 2021.
This is a LUXURY $1.2 million treehouse–one of a kind in the United States, if not the world! Two bedrooms and two bathrooms with nearly 1,600 square feet of luxurious furnishings and finishes. Search ZenTreehouse on Youtube for a video walkthrough and construction updates and visit ZenTreehouse dot com to see our blog. Note that images and video are architecturally accurate, but furnishings will vary from what is depicted and the landscape may be slightly different (see construction pictures for accurate views of the area).
Each of the three decks (one off the master suite, one off the guest suite, and the large deck off the main cabin) will offer luxury outdoor furniture for relaxing, having a cup of coffee in the morning, a cocktail in the evening, or a meal on the main deck. The main deck will also feature a sectional sofa and a natural gas fire pit for a cozy evening watching the sun set or sitting under the stars.
You can also enjoy the relaxation area down a set of stairs beneath the home, featuring a barrel sauna and hot tub. Day or night, a great place to relax, have a glass of wine, chat with family and friends, and truly enjoy the nature around you.
Zen Treehouse is only one hour from downtown Denver and only an hour and 10 minutes from downtown Boulder or Denver International Airport. The only part of the drive that is on a dirt road is the last five minutes. This is where an all-wheel or four-wheel drive vehicle is highly, highly recommended. There are somewhat steep switchbacks that will take you, in those last five minutes, to the gate of Zen Treehouse, where luxury and relaxation await.
Smoking outside only on the cement parking area (forest fires are a real threat in the area) and absolutely no pets. Violation of these policies will result in a full forfeiture of deposit.
Availability & Booking
Please visit our VRBO listing for availability and booking options.
Details & Amenities
- 2 bedrooms, each with a king bed, en-suite private bath, and deck area
- Pull-out bed in living room
- 1,600 square feet
- Sleeps up to 6 guests
- 2 total bathrooms
- Floor to ceiling windows for incredible views of Deer Creek Valley
- Fully equipped kitchen with Café appliances
- Living room with gas fireplace
- Master suite with gas fireplace
- Radiant floor heating
- Hardwood floors
- 3 decks–one off the master suite, one off the guest suite, and a large deck off the main cabin
- Main deck features high-end sectional and natural gas fire pit
- Outdoor grill and dining area
- Outdoor relaxation area below the treehouse with a barrel sauna and hot tub
- Washer and dryer
- Living Room Smart TV with AT&T TV app, Netflix, etc.
- The house is wheelchair friendly, but the parking area is not paved. All living areas are on the same level, but the hot tub and sauna are located outside and down some stairs.
- Master Suite – King bed. Private bath w/walk-in shower
- Guest Suite – King bed. Private bath w/walk-in shower
- Living Room – Sleeper sofa bed
Please note: We are firm on our pricing and minimum number of nights and are unable to accommodate requests for discounted nightly rates or shorter stays. The minimum night requirement ranges from three nights to six nights, depending on the season, and our seasonal pricing does vary.
Our minimum booking age is 30. For adult only groups, the majority of the group must be 30 or older. For adult/children groups, reservations must have one adult over the age of 30 for every 2 persons under the age of 30 occupying the property during the full time of the reservation (the exception to this rule would be a multi-generational family group). We reserve the right to decline groups that are not a good fit.
When inquiring, please include the following details that will help us determine if this home is a good fit for your group and give us info needed for the contract:
– Your age and if you are an all-adult group, the average age of your group members.
– The maximum number of adults and kids that you will have (even if you don’t yet have final numbers).
– Any day guests that you plan to have at the house (capacity is 6).
– A little bit about the purpose of your visit to CO. What brings you out, what are some of the activities planned?
This home is located in the mountains and although we are vigilant with having the driveway plowed in the wintertime, we highly recommend 4-wheel drive vehicles. Some people prefer 4-wheel drive vehicles when climbing the final 5 minute drive up the dirt road, but it’s not necessary in the summer months.
This 1,600 sf home sleeps up to 6 guests and is ideal for family groups, corporate retreats, and small group gatherings. If you are looking for the ultimate Colorado lodging experience, you’ve just found it. Come be our guest!
WE DO NOT ALLOW WEDDINGS, REHEARSAL DINNERS, BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE PARTIES OR OTHER FORMAL GATHERINGS AT THE PROPERTY. House parties (having extra guests), unless pre-approved in writing with correct details, are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction and additional fees.
Summer bookings (last two weeks of June, July and first two weeks of August) require a 5-night stay with a check-in on Mondays (sometimes we can accommodate Sunday check-ins; please inquire). In late spring, we reduce the summer nightly minimum to 4 nights for the remaining open summer dates which are reflected on our pricing schedule at that time. Please note: we are unable to accommodate early check-in or late check-out requests in the summer months due to the tight schedule. Please make the appropriate travel plans for an arrival at 4 p.m. or later and a departure at 11 a.m. or earlier.
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s bookings require a 5-night minimum and Christmas and New Year’s are two separate reservation blocks. Christmas dates can be reserved between December 20th and 27th, New Year’s dates can be reserved between December 28th and January 8th.
Confirmation of dates:
Please note that we sometimes receive multiple inquiries for the same dates and reservations are ONLY confirmed once payment has been made. Unfortunately we cannot hold dates.
Availability of property:
If something happens to the point that the house is not habitable, Owner is only responsible to refund any received payment for unused nights. We take great pride in our properties, but guests must realize that things break, and Owner has a team available to address any problems that may occur. No refunds will be available if Owner makes reasonable efforts to correct these problems during the guests stay, and the house is still habitable.
Thanks for your interest! Feel free to e-mail or call with any additional questions.
Location & Attractions
- Bailey is a mountain town with beautiful canyon scenery
- Approximately 1 hour from downtown Denver
- About 1 hour & 10 minutes from downtown Boulder & Denver International Airport
- About 1.5 hours from Breckenridge Ski Resort, Loveland Ski Area, and Eldora Mountain
- Approximately 1 hour from Echo Mountain
- Less than half an hour from several State Parks with scenic trails
The Zen Treehouse
FAQ – Questions About Booking
Do I have to be a specific age to rent?
The responsible person signing the contract must be 35 years of age to rent one of our homes, and provide proof of age by submitting a copy of their driver’s license. For non-family groups, we do require that the majority of the group be 35 years or older. We reserve the right to decline a reservation if we feel that the group and the house are not a good fit.
Do you allow weddings, rehearsal dinners, parties or other formal gatherings?
We do not allow weddings, rehearsal dinners or other formal gatherings at the properties. House parties (having day guests), unless pre-approved in writing with correct details, are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction and additional fees. Day guests will be charged for at $25 for each day guest per day, if not pre-approved in writing. Day guests are any guests beyond those paying to spend the night.
How do I secure my reservation?
Payment must be made within 72 hours of initial booking. Once payment is made, dates will be marked off on the calendar. If the reservation is within 60 days of check-in, the full amount will be due. If it is outside the 60-day window, 50% of payment is required to hold the reservation.
How is payment made?
Payment is made through the booking site using a credit card.
When is final payment due?
Final payment is due 60 days prior to check-in.
What time is check-in and check-out?
Not all property Owners allow variances to the check-in/check-out times. Guests are welcome to request alternate times in writing at any time but please note that we cannot promise them until a week prior to arrival (in the welcome letter), once the maintenance and cleaning schedules are confirmed. If Guest requests an alternate time, it must be noon or after for check-ins and noon or earlier for check-outs.
Can I request early check-in or late check-out?
Not all property Owners allow variances to the check-in/check-out times. Guests are welcome to request alternate times in writing at any time but please note that we cannot offer them until about a week prior to arrival (in the welcome letter), once the maintenance and cleaning schedules are confirmed. If Guest requests an alternate time, it must be noon or after for check-ins and noon or earlier for check-outs.
When will I receive my contract?
A custom contract will be sent within two weeks of the first payment being made.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Reservations cancelled 90 days or more prior to your arrival date receive a full refund less a $200 administrative fee and credit card fees (typically 3% of what has been paid).
- Cancellations less than 90 days prior to your arrival date will not receive a refund.
- No credit will be given for shortened stays due to late arrival, or early departure for any reason.
- No cancellations due to weather.
- In the event a cancellation is made by Owner/Property Manager for any reason, a full refund will be given within two weeks of notification. (Examples include, but are not limited to termination of rental permit, sale of property, major repair issue or any similar issue.)
When will I receive information to access the house?
FAQ – Questions About The Property
What are your house rules?
- No indoor smoking.
- No pets allowed.
- No outdoor loud noise levels.
- No additional day guests, unless approved in writing.
- Please be aware that we ask all of our guests to remove their shoes at the front door. The houses have light carpeting. We suggest that guests bring slippers, or wear socks while indoors.
- The houses are on septic systems. We request that nothing other than toilet paper be flushed down the toilet.
What items are provided at the house?
- Bed linens for all beds; we do not provide bedding for the Pack ‘n Play
- Towels: bath towels (one per guest), hand towels (one in each bathroom per towel ring), wash cloths (one per guest)
- A starter set of shampoo and conditioner
- Hair dryers
- Starter sets of: laundry pods, dryer sheets, stain remover, dish soap, dishwasher tabs, trash bags, toilet paper and paper towels
Is the house wheelchair accessible?
No, but most of our properties offer main floor bedrooms that could be considered wheelchair friendly. Guests with mobility issues may have to navigate a few stairs to reach the bedrooms.
Is there heating & air conditioning at the house?
All homes are heated and some have air conditioning. Please see the Property Description for more details.
Is there wifi & cable television?
There is password protected WIFI at each house. The password is provided in the welcome letter, and is listed in the welcome book and on signage at the property.
Television service varies at the properties. Please see the Property Description for more details.
Are there movies & games provided?
Guests can watch movies through streaming services on the smart TVs. There is a small selection of board games. Please be aware that some of the games have small pieces that could be a choking hazard for younger children.
Is the kitchen fully equipped?
The kitchen is fully stocked with an ample supply of restaurant-quality dishes. We do our best to provide a good selection of pots and pans, prep bowls and serving dishes.
Are there extra dishes?
There are at least 2 service sets of dishes, including silverware and drinkware.
What appliances are in the kitchen?
All kitchens are stocked with several common appliances including toaster ovens, blenders, mixers and coffee makers.
Is smoking allowed in the house?
All of our homes are non-smoking indoors. Guests are permitted to smoke outdoors on the decks. Butts are to be disposed of properly and not left anywhere on the property. Any violation of the smoking policy will result in a full forfeiture of deposit and if additional cleaning is necessary to remove smoke odors from the house and/or linens, costs will be charged to the Guest.’
Do you allow pets in the home?
We do not allow animals of any type at any time for any reason. Guests who bring a pet or pets will forfeit their deposit and possibly be billed more based on the amount of clean-up required, and may be asked to leave the property. It’s not that we want your money—we just have to be able to tell all of our guests that no animals have been in the house and they will have no associated allergy problems.
Service animals are defined by federal and Colorado law as “a dog that has been individually trained to perform a specific task or service for a person with a disability.” According to Colorado law we will accept service dogs, noting there is a distinction between service dogs, and therapy/companion/emotional support dogs. We are not required to allow therapy, companion or emotional support dogs at the property.
If you or someone in your party has a service dog, you must submit current certification with the contract, along with a photo of the dog, otherwise you will be considered in violation of our no pets policy and subject to full forfeiture of deposit. We fully expect all service dogs to be completely trained and housebroken and we ask that owners properly pick up after them outside. If there are any signs of dog urine or feces in the home, a minimum $500 carpet cleaning fee will be assessed. If there are other damages or if extra clean-up is required due to the service dog, we will communicate to you in writing and deduct the cost from the deposit.
How many vehicles are allowed at the house?
Given the turning radius needed to safely execute entry and exit of the driveway, we ask that no more than 2 vehicles be parked at the property. If the group has additional vehicles, please see the “Local Recommendations” tab for your property for information on local, free parking off-site.
Is the house child proofed?
The houses are not child proofed, so please take care to protect your infants and children.
Do you have baby equipment at the property?
There is a Pack n’ Play (linens NOT provided) and high chair provided at each property. We work with a local company that provides baby equipment rental for a fee, please see the “Local Recommendations” tab for your property for more info.
What are the options for grocery ordering?
Please see the “Local Recommendations” tab for your property for information on grocery options.
What food items do you supply?
We typically have a few basic spices on hand at the properties. There may also be some pantry items and refrigerated condiments left by previous guests that are available for use.
Are there any cleaning supplies provided?
We provide windex, a broom and dust pan, an upright vacuum and a hand-held vacuum for use during your visit.
FAQ – Questions About My Stay
How do I contact the property manager during my stay?
We provide management team contact information in the contract and in your welcome email. Our team is happy to help!
Can I receive mail at the house?
It is difficult to ensure that packages will be delivered in a timely fashion to the property. Packages can be sent to the UPS Store in Parker. There is a $5 charge per box and shipments can be picked up on your way into town. Please ship within a 2 week window of your arrival. Send to:
The UPS Store
c/o Your name and phone number
10940 S Parker Rd
Parker, CO 80134
Will I ever be disturbed during my stay?
Typically we will wait to address maintenance items between guest stays but occasionally a maintenance issue will arise that needs to be done during a booking. We will reach out to Guests directly if this is the case. Please note that properties with hot tubs have regularly scheduled servicing that could occur during a stay.
What do we do with extra food at the end of our stay?
We ask that opened or prepared food be discarded prior to departure. Guests may leave beverages (including alcohol, opened or unopened), refrigerated items like fruits and veggies, leftover cheese or lunch meat, eggs, etc., and any non-perishable pantry items.
Is the house cleaned during our stay?
We do not provide housekeeping during guest stays.
What kind of vehicle should I rent?
For the mountain homes, we highly recommend 4-wheel drive vehicles in the wintertime. The roads are easy to navigate in the summertime, no special vehicle needed.
What will happen if it snows?
The property has a local snow plow service. The management team will monitor weather conditions, and request the service to clear the driveway. Shovels and ice melt are located in the garage.
What is required for check-out?
The check-out procedures are listed in the welcome book. Here are the steps that we ask each group to follow before departure:
Checkout procedures: Please use this as a checklist prior to checkout
- All dishes should be washed and put away, or left washing in the dishwasher.
- Take all prepared perishable food with you or throw it away (dry food can be left in the pantry).
- Please wipe down the kitchen countertops.
- If you used the outdoor grill, please clean after use.
- Strip all beds that were used during your stay and place in laundry room. Please leave pillow shams, comforters and mattress covers on the beds unless they need to be washed for some reason (we wash these frequently and in rotation).
- Dirty towels, washcloths and bath mats should be placed in separate piles in the laundry rooms.
- Please start one color load of laundry in each washer (no whites).
- Please return all furniture to its original location.
- In the winter turn thermostats to 65 degrees. Do not turn off.
- Make sure that the blower is off on the hot tub and the cover is on.
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked and shut.
- Place all trash in bags and take to the dumpster.
- Return the key to the lockbox.
FAQ – Questions After My Stay
When will I receive my refund?
Your deposit will be refunded two weeks after your check-out date as long as:
- No damage is done to the home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No linens or household items are missing. ($50 fee for missing/swapped out bed pillows, other linens billed accordingly.)
- No unapproved early check-in or late checkout.
- No additional cleaning hours are required.
- Check-out list (included in the Rental Agreement) is completed.
- House has not been smoked in. Smoking in the house will result in forfeiture of deposit.
- Pets have not been allowed in the house or on the property. Animals in the house will result in forfeiture of deposit.
How will I know if any charges are being deducted from my deposit?
Guest will be notified in advance if there are any deductions for any reason.
If an item is left behind after my stay, how do I get it back?
Guest is responsible for items lost or left behind. We will not be liable or responsible for personal items left behind, lost or stolen. If you leave an item after checking out and wish to have it returned, call us as soon as possible and our staff will look for the lost or left behind item(s) and we will inform you if located. A fee of $25 will be charged to locate and ship the item, plus the cost of shipping. Guest is still responsible for their lost or left behind items—before shipping, during shipping and after it has shipped back to the Guest.
How do I review my stay?
Guest reviews are requested after departure. We appreciate positive reviews so much because they help future guests determine if they will book the house.
What is the best way to rebook?
For a savings in booking fees, feel free to book with us direct at luxuryrentalcollective.com.